Woohoo! We have been nominated for the Liebster Award for new blogs by Wallis at First Grade Wolves! Thank you:)
Basically, we get to tell you a little bit about ourselves. Then we nominate additional blogs that we enjoy. Pretty awesome, right?
To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
So, my nominees are......
Kayla at Top Dog Teaching
Jess and Kheila at Two Friends in First
Christin at Shifting Teacher
Wendy at Peace, Love and Little People
Lori at Owl in a Vowel Tree
Wallis asked me the following questions as a part of this award:
1. Where did you go to college? I went to Ohio University (Go Bobcats!)
2. What is the last movie you saw? Despicable Me 2
3. What is your favorite product on Teachers Pay Teachers? Ummm...usually the one I just finished:) So right now, it is the September Math Activity Pack. We are moving away from Everyday Mathematics as a district this year, so I need as much supplemental material for the Common Core as I can create/get my hands on!
4. What is the hardest thing about teaching? For me, it is finding a good balance between home and school. At the beginning of the school year, I suffer from a lot of Mommy guilt....
5. What are your hobbies? I enjoy reading, boating, scrapbooking (when I can find the time....)
6. Are you an indoor person or an outdoor person? I would rather be outdoors, unless it is super hot and muggy (kind of like today in Cincinnati!). I try to be outside with my girls as much as possible.
7. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas! What's not to love? A meaningful holiday, no school for at least a week AND giving gifts to others!
8. What is something you want to make for your classroom this year? I am in the process of revamping math workshop, so I will be creating lots of new materials for this as well as organizing games, manipulatives and activities in a meaningful and easy way for the students to access.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would travel the United Kingdom- haven't been and no language barrier to worry about!
10. Do you cook? If so, what is your favorite recipe? I love to cook, but admittedly do it best in the summer with more time and less stress. My favorite recipe this summer is a bruschetta chicken one that you can find here. Seriously yummy, easy to make, healthy AND my picky 4 year old twins will eat it.
11. What is your favorite place to shop? This summer I have found some great deals on Zulily. I also like finding things for my girls on Etsy. However, I love to stop in person at Hobby Lobby, Target and Half Price Books. I guess what I'm saying is that I *might* have a summer shopping addiction;)
11 Facts About Me:
1. I grew up in Columbus, Ohio and I am a HUGE Buckeyes fan.
2. I have been married for 9 years to my husband. We met in college where we both played college sports.
3. I went on hospital bedrest when I was pregnant with my twins at 24 weeks. Imagine being at school in April, then not finishing the last 6 weeks (and no long term sub plans ready!)
4. I love reading on my Kindle Fire.
5. I am addicted to water sports! I am currently working on improving my wakeboarding skills as well as attempting to get up on one ski.
6. My husband and I own a ski boat and we are teaching our daughters to waterski this summer.
7. I am allergic to tree nuts.
8. I started an organic vegetable garden this summer with tomatoes, carrots, onions, basil, peppers, beans, squash and cucumbers.
9. I have two sisters, no brothers.
10. I traveled to Germany last summer on a teacher exchange program for three weeks and LOVED it!
11. I believe that teachers and engineers make good partners: I am a teacher and my husband is an engineer. His mom was a teacher and his dad an engineer. My mom was a teacher and my dad an engineer.....You get the picture:)
Finally, my questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite grade to teach?
2. If you could be anything other than a teacher, what would you be?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. How do you spend your free time?
5. What do you like best about your classroom?
6. What do you like least about your classroom?
7. What are you currently reading?
8. If money and time was no object, where would you spend your summer vacation?
9. What is your favorite pet?
10. What is your favorite TV show?
11. What is your must have beauty product?
I am looking forward to reading everyone's answers!